Iron Man is the name of the suit of armor developed by Tony Stark created with the help of Yinsen as a means of escaping captivity in Afghanistan. Though Stark’s wide array of armors have many different abilities, they are alike in that they are made of incredibly strong fictional materials bolstered by a force field. Every suit has a self-contained environment, assorted on board weapons systems, enhanced strength, flight, and various communications arrays and sensors (such as radar and radio). Furthermore, they typically have multiple power sources including a secondary solar energy collection function in the event that conventional recharging methods are unavailable. Older versions of the armor could also fold virtually flat, allowing Stark to store them in his bullet-proof briefcase.
The defining abilities of Stark’s armor are the jets situated in the boots and the repulsors situated in the gauntlets. The repulsors originated as a hand attachment, but have since become the armor’s most important standard armament. They have been referred to as being a magnetic blast of charged particles and as a force beam. The repulsors are a form of propulsion and (as hand units) steering jet, though they can be used offensively. A later variation on this is the Pulse Bolts, bolts of concussive energy that actually gain energy the further they have to travel, up to a limit of roughly three football fields (about 329 meters).
Another defining trait is the chest-mounted “uni-beam”, also known as the variobeam, and tri-beam. Originally a spotlight and “proton beam,” it has grown to accommodate a number of other weapons, primarily light and force-based.
Iron Man’s armor provides a wealth of information about the environment, and allows him to perform such feats as flying and flame throwing. So far, there are seven versions of the suit:
- Mark I: A crude, basic suit that Tony Stark was forced to build while imprisoned by terrorists. This was the suit which helped him escape captivity.
- Mark II: This prototype was the first suit designed with Tony’s resources in America, and was equipped with many advanced technologies not found in the Mark 1. It was used in primarily for flight testing. The Mark 2 later saw action and was eventually heavily modified into the War Machine Armor. Another Mark 2 was built for Tony’s armor gallery.
- Mark III: This suit was constructed with a lighter gold titanium alloy, and given a red paint job. It addressed the icing problems of the Mark 2, and was armed with a variety of weapons. The Mark 3 was used in various fights, where it was heavily damaged. This suit was only partially rebuilt, and it was labeled “Battle Damaged” in Tony’s armor gallery.
- Mark IV: Built after the Mark 3 was severely damaged in the fight against Iron Monger. It was used primarily to stop international conflicts.
- Mark V: This red and silver suit was only lightly armed and armored. It was designed for easy transportation, and could be folded into a lightweight suitcase.
- Mark VI: Similar to the Mark 3 and 4, this was the first suit to use a non-palladium power core. It was further streamlined for better flight capabilities and armed with new weapons. It was also used against Loki, Thor and fixing the Helicarrier.
- Mark VII: This advanced suit could automatically fly to and wrap itself around its user, without any need for external mechanical assistance. The Mark 7 was a bulkier suit that was far more heavily armed than its predecessors. It included additional repulsor thrusters on its back, chest, and calves.
- Advanced Tech
- Takes a long time to make repairs once damaged
The roles of Bruce Banner, Buffy Summers, and Quinn Camp have been reopened due to inactivity. If you are interested in the roles, follow this link to apply. →
The role of Jessica Drew/Spider woman has been reopened due to inactivity. If you are interested in the role, follow this link. →
Open Character: Shane Roberts | Werewolf | Demon Hunter | Alignment: Slayer Organization | 23 years old
FC: Colton Haynes
Life is never easy for a college boy, especially when the college boy is a werewolf. Shane Roberts was born in Los Angeles, California to two loving and nurturing parents. The star of his football team with a loving girlfriend and a full scholarship, things couldn’t have been better for him. However, that all changed for him when one night, during the full moon, Shane was attacked by a large rabid dog. The dog would’ve killed him had it not been for two young girls; Renee and her friend Cecily. Flustered by the attack, Shane was bewildered by what the girls were telling him, that they were Slayers and that his attacker was a werewolf. Unfortunately he had been bitten, and was likely a werewolf, too.
Scared of the girls and thinking them insane he fled back to his house and to his parents. Unfortunately, Renee and her friend were right. The night of the next full moon, Shane felt strange, on edge, and scared but at the same time, he felt powerful and unstoppable. Before he realized that the two girls had been right about him, he was already lying in a pool of blood; his parent’s blood. The werewolf, the creature that was now a part of him had killed his family. Distraught and scared, Shane ran away, leaving his old life behind him and confiding himself to subways and cheap motel rooms. The guilt of his parent’s death weighed heavily on him and he strived to make sure that he never harmed an innocent again.
It was in the subway that he encountered the Slayer Renee again, this time she saved a group of homeless people from the clutches of a vampire, knowing that this girl would have the answers he pursued her and begged her for his help; Renee agreed. She took his back to the Slayer Organization where with the help of Rupert Giles, he was able to learn more about the creatures of the night. Instead of fearing them, he vowed to protect people from befalling the same fate as him and so, took up the role of freelance hunter. Currently, Shane is operating with the other Slayers out of the Slayer Organization in New York.
Character Traits: Charming, Funny, Athletic, Haunted, Careful, Angry
Powers and Abilities:
- Werewolf physiology grants him the potential to transform into a berserk, lupine creature with enhanced strength, speed, stamina and sense of smell. Unlike most werewolves, who change into animal form on the nights around the full moon, Shane has control over his form, no longer changing due to the phases of the moon.
- Heightened sense of smell when in human form and the ability to identify others by scent.
- Advanced firearm training
- Capable in hand-to-hand contact
Open Character: Samuel Temple | Contract Demon | Alignment: Neutral | Age Unknown
FC: Andrew Lee Potts
Samuel Temple was born as a human in the streets of 18th Century Coventry, England. His mother, a lowly prostitute died three years after his birth leaving him an orphan with nowhere to go and no roof under his head but Samuel was not going to give up. Resorting to petty thievery to survive, Samuel soon sought shelter at a dingy inn where he worked for lodgings. He continued to spend the rest of his teenage years there and soon began calling that inn home even tolerating abuse from the owner; he had no other choice.
When he was old enough, he abandoned the inn, left it all behind and snuck aboard a ship heading to the free world; The United States of America. It was there, in Boston that he befriended a foreigner named Musa who hailed from the country of Turkey. The man took Samuel under his wing and the two soon opened a small cobbler’s shop in Boston where the two worked to earn an honest living. Things were looking up for Samuel until one day; their shop was raided by members of the Irish mob. Samuel was forced to watch his mentor bludgeoned to death and all their headwork burned to the ground. Angry with the outcome of his hard work, Samuel vowed revenge against the Irish Mob. It was then he that he was approached by a man with a strange face; that man was no man at all but in fact a Contract Demon, a breed of demon distantly related to D’Hoffryn’s Vengeance demon faction.
He offered Samuel revenge, money, unlimited life and unlimited power in exchange for his soul; Samuel accepted the offer, from that day onwards, ended his life as a human, and began his life as a Contract Demon. After destroying whatever was left of the Irish mob he began carrying out the will of his master, finding others like him and offering them ways out in exchange for parts of their soul and life force.
Character Traits: Flirtatious, Sly, Clever, Quiet, Vengeful, Greedy
Powers and Abilities:
- As a Contract Demon, Samuel can grant the person whatever they wish; no loopholes. The higher the power of the wish, the higher the number of years the person has to give up.
- Drains and feeds off a human’s life force
- Enhanced Strength
- Immune to magic
Open Character: Colin Schofield | Vampire | Owner of Odysseus Security | Alignment: Vampire Clan | Immortal (Physically 30)
FC: Aidan Turner
Colin Schofield was born in Dublin, Ireland and the middle child of three siblings. Hailing from a well off family, Colin always strived towards success, success that eventually led him to achieve a full scholarship to Oxford University in England. Though he was reluctant to leave his family, he quickly found himself gravitating towards the offer and after the blessing of his parents, he soon accepted. There, he hesitantly befriended a man named William North, who would later go on to become the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The two became close friends with William taking the younger boy under his wing; the two excelled in their respective fields and eventually went on to enlist in the army together with William North acting as Colin’s superior. Colin never held any ill will towards his friend’s success and yet at the same time sought out to prove himself better than him. However, it was during their second tour in Iraq, under William’s leadership that their infantry was attacked by insurgents and half of them were killed; Colin, it seemed was one of the casualties, buried underneath the rubble. Though presumed dead, Colin was very much alive, hanging on by the skin of his teeth and fighting to see his family again. It was there that he was approached by two odd-looking individuals who offered him a chance at immortality; overcome by vengeance, anger, and longing, he accepted their offer. Thus, Colin’s life as a human ended and his life as a vampire began.
Colin returned to England where, with the help of his new clan, he helped take over a major security firm; Odysseus Security and established himself owner of the company. Within two years, he’d gone from soldier to the owner of a multibillion dollar empire, with firms placed all over the major countries. He kept up with appearances, and yet as people bought into the company they were completely unaware that the firm was a front for vampires, allowing them to gain easy access to money, arsenal and above all, a clientele that dealt in the shipping of vampire blood. Colin had everything in the palm of his hand but yet, what he truly desired was William’s head on a plate.
Character Traits: Charming, Confident, Smart, Vengeful, Violent, Competitive
Powers and Abilities:
- Super-Human Strength
- Advanced speed, agility and reflexes
- Resilience and advanced healing
- Immortality (except for vampire vulnerabilities)
- Super-human senses
- Highly skilled in both armed and unarmed combat.
- Fluency in several languages.
- Contacts spread throughout the globe
Open Character: Ethan Casey | Human | Detective | Alignment: Angel Investigations | 43 years old
FC: Adam Baldwin
Ethan Casey was never fond of playing by the rules and it mostly, if not always, landed him in a lot of trouble. A veteran detective in the Trenton PD with his own, albeit questionable, moral compass, Ethan was known for using excessive methods of getting the information he needed, often resorting to blows if the need arose. After he caught his boss taking a bribe from the local mafia, Ethan resigned from the police force and left his superior with a broken jaw.
His wife, angered by his decision took his child and left him. Out of a job, with no almost nothing to his name except a grubby apartment, Ethan began searching for an alternative revenue source. He took up a job in the private security network, shadowing corporate bigwigs; he was good at what he did as long as everyone stayed out of his way. Everything changed, however, when a group of vampires attacked his client. Ethan was out of his depth; he’d faced armed robbers, serial killers, and psychopaths, but nothing like this. He would have lost his client along with his life if the vampire known as Angel hadn’t intervened.
Ethan, surprised by the vampire’s actions, decided to ask him a few questions (after pointing a gun at the vampire’s head). In addition to answers, he was offered a job at the vampire’s investigative agency. The fact that a vampire knowingly helped humans in need didn’t sit well with Ethan. It was too good to be true. However, upon setting eyes on Angel Investigations, he realized that Angel was indeed the real deal. He quickly accepted the job. Currently, he works in Angel Investigations as a leading investigator, and, when they need it, some strong muscle.
Characters Traits: Focused, Innovative, Driven, Cold, Hot Tempered, Intimidating
Powers and Abilities:
- Capable in hand-to-hand combat
- Ties to the police force enables him to access otherwise classified information
- Advanced firearms training
WINNERS OF THE ECHO APRIL AWARDS
Favourite 3 Open Bios to have filled soon.
Huge round of applause to all our winners!
Thank you everyone who voted, well done to everyone because I know voting was hard, there’s so much quality in this roleplay, so pats on the back all round. Good luck next time!
For their prize; the winners will get to choose Gif Sets, Icon Sets, or Themes of their choices.